Home | Meetings | Officials | Police | Fire | City Park | Municipal Court | City Documents | Local Businesses


General Permit Information

The following information is for general information purposes.  Please contact City Hall at (615) 274-2922 for more information or if you have any questions.  

City of Eagleville Permit Information 
Single Family Dwelling Permit (SFD) 

  • A sfd permit should have either a lot and subdivision, and/or an physical address.
  • Tax Map and Parcel Number
  • Owner Information and Phone Number (if available)
Development Tax Receipt
  • SFD Permits can not be issued unless a development tax receipt is submitted.
  • If a new mobile home or dwelling is replacing an existing dwelling, and the existing dwelling has been demolished or removed a development tax exemption receipt can be issued and faxed to the City of Eagleville. The person obtaining the permit or the city recorder can call Rutherford County Building Codes and request an exemption receipt at the time the building permit is being obtained.
  • Any addition or accessory structure containing a full kitchen, the full development tax must be paid before a building permit can be issued. Please call the Rutherford County Building Codes Department at (615) 898-7734 for questions pertaining to development tax
  • Development Tax must be paid to the Rutherford County Building Codes Department.
  • The City of Eagleville must ask the permit holder for the red stamped copy development tax receipt.
Who Can Pull A Permit
  • Homeowner
  • State Licensed Contractor (must have current copy of license on file)
Septic Approval
  • In order to obtain a building permit a septic permit must be submitted.
  • A septic completion letter must be submitted to the building inspector before a final building inspection can be done. 
Plans Review Required
  • A plans review is required if a house has 5000 sq ft or more living space
  • A plans review is required if a house has a basement
  • A plans review is required on all commercial projects, except a storage building
A plans review takes 1-3 days for review, and must be done prior to issuance of a building permit or beginning construction. A plans review charge will be assessed depending on the project and the extent of the plans review.  Plans must be reviewed at the Rutherford County Building Codes by either the Director or the Assistant Director.

All new commercial construction must go before the Eagleville Planning Commission.  A site plan, land survey and general business plan should be submitted to the Planning Commission and City Planner no later than 14 business days prior to their next planned meeting to be considered at that meeting.
City hall Hours
Except for holidays the Eagleville City Hall is Open:
Monday through Thursday:   8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Friday:   8:00 a.m. - 12:00 Noon
General Information
Population: 604 reported by 2010 Census
Incorporated March 31, 1949
Square Miles: 2.1
Time Zone: Central

Contact Us
For Emergencies Dial 911
Non-Emergency Numbers Below
Fire Department  

Eagleville, TN | 108 South Main Street | P.O. Box 68 | Eagleville, TN 37060 | (615) 274-2977 Fax | (615) 274-2922
Local Government Corporation | Email the Webmaster